Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Stuuupid Nav

Jesus, well to start out, I've been farting a lot in the past 10 minutes...

I guess that turkey dinner I had earlier isn't digesting quite so well...

ANYWAYS....

So tonight my emotions and everything took a little dive....they randomly do that sometimes....

I think it just had something to do with me being bored...having too much time on my hands...Those are usually the times these mood swings have happened in the past too.

But, I got a phone call from my dad which sobered me up, and really helped out. He was saying how he realized how much I was drawn to people who make the best out of bad situations. Who have a positive outlook on life, like Randy Pausch.

I still don't think I've written about him on my blog yet, but to summarize his situation up real quick, he was a professor at a university who was a really cool guy, had a great fun attitude towards everything, and was overall just a really inspirational guy. He found out he had pancreatic cancer, and that he didn't have long to live, that he'd be leaving his wife as a widow with 3 children. While he did get choked up over his family, he remained positive and gave a really inspirational speech at Carnegie Mellon (you can find the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo). He talks about how anyone can accomplish their childhood dreams, how to set the bar high for yourself, and how to learn and have fun at the same time. Anyways this guy was the first person who really inspired me to look at the bigger picture and to be optimistic about the future (and the present).

Anyhow, yeah, my dad was saying how he was proud that I was drawn towards people like that...and really snapped me out of my little negative mood swing. For me all these little emotional episodes happen when I completely lose sight of what I'm thankful for. When I start taking things for granted again, and start imagining up problems for myself. I always turn these retarded, super small, meaningless things in my life and blow them way out of proportion . I seriously need to stop doing that...it's healthy...like way unhealthy.

But yeah, I need to always remember, I have a lot to be thankful for. People have it waaay worse than me. I mean WAY worse. I can't even find any serious problems that I can be complaining about right now, that's how good I have it. So why the hell am I getting depressed. Wake up time, SNAP OUT OF IT NAV.

I'm going to a good school, I'm in relatively good health (I think), I have a loving family, and fantastic friends, I live in an awesome place (washington!), age-wise I'm in the prime of my life, and all these other things.

Anyways, I just figured I'd write this down to remind myself next time and I can snap out of it earlier...

No comments: