Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Random bunch of things I want to say

So I haven't done a serious blog in like.... a long time

I've actually been pretty busy the past 3 weeks... like busier than normal.

I use the word like too much... but not really, I use it for a reason. I want my blog to sound more like a conversation than a piece of writing in a book.

Anyways, enough on 'like'

I have a lot to write about... I don't even know where to begin... I'll just start typing, and see where things lead...

So...lets just begin withhh what I mentioned earlier, I've been really busy lately...way more than normal.. I've been trying to balance time between friends, family, school, work, and more work (the photography job)....Unfortunately, school kinda got neglected for a while there. I was out having too much fun, and started skipping my readings + skipping class. I got about a pretty bad score on my online linguistics quiz, the first time that's happened this quarter... And I felt behind in class....I caught up on my reading yesterday though, and I'm trying to catch back up again.

Anyways, basically, I can't let that happen again. I need to get my schoolwork done early, and not procrastinate/let schoolwork fall behind. It makes me feel horrible.

Buuut, on the good side of things. I've done a loot of fun things lately, and met a lot of amazing people. (OH and jeremy had his kid! so crazy, but he's a good-lookin kid, I can't wait to see him in person and laugh at his babiness). But yeah, I've met a lot of new people in the past few weeks. Whiichh reminds me, either in this blog or a separate one, I want to list all the people in my life that have been inspirational to me. I'll do it in a separate one. But yeah I'll come back to people I've met later.

So I've been thinking lately. I remember in high school, I was struggling hardcore with overcoming being a total introvert, and not talking to anyone and stuff. But I remember trying to think to myself...what advice should I follow:

"be yourself"
or
"be who you want to be"

These two things were always conflicting in my mind. Because I've been told numerous times that I was the "quiet" one, especially by my dad. So I felt like...If I was going to be more of an extrovert, I wasn't being myself. So I kind of stayed that way....and even if I started changing, sometimes I'd have nights where I'd just think...I'm the no good quiet one...and get really down on myself, and start changing back to being quiet again...

Well basiicalllly, I just wanted to say, the one I whole-heartedly go with now is "Be who you want to be". I think people get to stuck nowadays, thinking they're a certain way, and they can't change because that's "who they are". Well let me give you a reality check people, if you THINK that, then you make it TRUE. You can really be who you want to be, if there's something you don't like about yourself, change it. Simple as that. The important thing is just that...you have to make it simple, don't make it complicated on yourself....

Hmm what else...Oooo went snowboarding last saturday, which was a looot of fun. It's one of those things that's sooo different than the normal things you do...and it's super close to home also! It was a ton of fun, I think I actually liked it better than surfing... The only downside is doing it is kind of expensive...otherwise, it's a full-body workout, it's a rush, and it's just...amazingly fun....

Anyhow.. I know there's more stuff I want to write about...but I think I'll get to that list.. I'll post it as a new blog post...

No comments: