Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Photographyyy

So, I'm starting to understand light in photography a bit more...

...and how important it is. I purchased $140 worth of lighting equipment last friday, and I'm hoping it gets here later this week. I was just looking through some random sample pages out of some photography books though, and I (accidentally) took some pictures today which utilized lighting really well. I've started noticing more and more how lighting/shadows work when I walk around now too. Light bounces off everything, it diffuses, takes on the color of what it's bouncing off of, and can vary a lot depending on what the light source is.

Anyways, I'm realizing I really need to get one of those reflector things, the big shiny circles, which reflect light. They'd make portrait shots outside look a million times better....

And I really really want to test out the two new lighting stand things I got....

Woooo! Anyways, just felt like I needed to write this somewhere.

NOTE FROM THE FUTURE: Okay, so, I'm going back to this older post... and I'd just like to say, I shattered one of the bulbs on the lighting equipment within the first 5 minutes of opening the box. This is just one of the many "Nav Moments" I experience in my life.

No comments: