Friday, March 12, 2010

The futuree...

So, I'm trying to think of what people will be like...in the future...40-50 years...100 years...200 years...

I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I'm realizing that even though a lot of us don't think so, we're a very judgemental society. We're still on the heels of times when slavery was a normal thing. We still pre-judge people by the way they dress, talk, things they do, etc.

But I'm hoping that we'll get over that stupid shit.

We need to realize that everyone, EVERY ONE, is a pretty cool person in one way or another. Everyone has their faults. But everyone has awesome things about them. And I'm hoping that as time goes on, we start shifting our view on to the great things about people, instead of the bad things.

I'm not saying I've never done it before, I have a lot, and I continue to do so. But I've definitely cut-down on it a lot, even in the past year. Just because someone dresses nerdy, doesn't mean they're stupid people and don't matter in the world. Just because someone's famous and popular doesn't mean they feel loved or confident. There's so many things we can't tell about someone from simply seeing them. People judge too much from their first impressions, they write people off for simple things. But even people who seem horrible from your first impression of them, can surprise you if you take the chance to get to know them... I was talking to someone the other night who sounded really depressed. He's a drug dealer, and he was explaining to me how no one liked him for who he was. They liked him for his drugs, and that was it. I felt bad for him. Yeah you could just write him off as being a bad person, a dealer. But getting to know him, you see that he's not happy with that lifestyle. He struggles just as hard as everyone else, to have a good and meaningful life, where people like him for who he is.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents, gotta go to a writing meeting real quick to discuss how horrible my rough draft of my final paper was.

No comments: