so I'm in a really good mood. I'll tell you the events that led up to it in a second.
Okay so I've realized like...I need to talk more. Okay, duh, but I'm starting to realize how negatively it's affected me in my life. I've always been sort of an introvert, ever since I was an itty bitty kid...but I didn't fully realize until today how important it is to say things aloud. I'm guessing that sounds retarded to a lot of people, and this whole blog post is going to sound pretty retarded, so if you're going to get angry or make fun of me for being retarded, please stop reading and go back to facebook, or whatever you were doing before reading this.
I realized when you say something...it becomes real. It turns a thought in your imagination into a real thing, a sound. If you're thinking about all these random things all day, but never say anything about them (or write about them), it's a complete waste of time. Why? Because 99% of that stuff you said you'll forget. And if you forget it, and leave no trace of it behind, it's like it never happened. But if you say it to someone, it becomes real, it becomes imprinted in someone's head other than your own. Shoot that sounds weird, but I hope you get what I'm saying...
...Anyways I figured all this out by....okay this is embarassing...but I had a 45-minute long conversation with myself in the car on the way home from seattle.
...
...
...
Okay, are you done laughing yet?
...
...
...
Now? Okay well screw you, I'm going on anyways...
But yeah, I've always kind of had a problem with decisiveness, a lot of times I'm not very confident, I mumble, and stuff like that.... I think when I don't talk for a while, my voice literally gets kind of scratchy and stuff, it makes it more difficult to talk... But if I talk a lot, it gets clearer, louder, more confident...I don't know, it's kind of nice... And saying things aloud..I don't know, somehow it just made me really happy on the drive home.
OH yeah, and I've realized by now...when you don't say something, it can makes situations pretty strange sometimes. Because people are left guessing as to what you're thinking, and usually they just think you're weird. Usually when you're quiet you're not thinking of something weird, you're just thinking normal stuff, but no one knows that if you don't say anything. It can de-awkwardize conversations too. I feel like, if you said it right, you could get away with saying anything. By the same token though, if you said in a certain way, you could probably get yourself in trouble by saying anything too. Shoot, okay I'm rambling again, forget it, I'm getting off this blog-a-majig.
Goodbye!
No comments:
Post a Comment