I don't really have any homework. Though I should write some stuff down for my last essay due on wednesday. Today overall has been pretty slow... After classes and work, I took a four hour nap...and I'm still pretty sleepy.
Anyways, I've been thinking...and kind of realized, I haven't written a whole lot about my life on this blog. It's mostly random things I think about...which isn't a bad thing.. But... maybe I should start posting more stuff about what's going on in my life in general...At the very least, so I don't forget some of the memories.
...
I'll be honest right now, I don't know what to write. I just left this window open for like 20 minutes, without writing more.
I do feel like I have things to say, but I can't put my finger on what.
I think I basically wanted to say... I'm overall pretty happy with the direction life is going right now. I've been hanging out with someone who inspires me, and makes me want to be a better person. I've been realizing myself, I need to step things up a bit. Anyways...
I was just talking with Anthony, about how people are growing up so fast...starting families at an extremely young age (a conversation I've had several times this week actually).
He was frustrated that people were "putting the bar too low". I'd never thought about it this way, but I think it's a good way of looking at it. People nowadays don't put the bar high enough for themselves. They grow up, go to school (preparing for life), then as soon as they're finished with school they start having kids and settling down. Isn't it supposed to go? School (preparing for life) -> Living life -> Settling down, starting a family?...They're skipping out on that middle one. There's no rush to start a family, you have the rest of your life to do it. People start saying that "their goal in life is to have a family".
And that's where the bar is set too low. No, I'm not trying to diss on people who do this. Starting/having a family is a wonderful, wonderful thing. I just think people are doing it too early. People need to have more goals for themselves! Doing the things they love...contributing to the world! You can make a change, every individual can contribute so many wonderful things to this earth. Sure you can raise kids who are inspiring and change the world, but what about your parents? Did they want to raise kids who would change the world? Or did they want to raise kids to raise the NEXT generation of kids to be world-changing people? We gotta stop and do our part! Live life, love life, spread happiness. Then afterwards you can think about starting a family, I think we're missing out on a crucial part of our lives, otherwise.
No comments:
Post a Comment