Today wasn't very productive. Slept in. Procrastinated homework. ate. Did homework. Now sleep (soon). It was quite unsatisfactory.
But I did decide that I love chips and dip, it's the most addicting snack food ever, and I need to consider getting some for when I'm at my seattle-home. Oh and croissants and tamales are delicious too. And a family friend made some ground homemade duck meat too (looked like salami or something) which was pretty delish.
Hmm, I did get a little disappointed though. My dad kept lecturing on how it was wrong to be happy all the time. That counselors just try and make you happy, even in the worst situations. My response to that is DUH! What's wrong with being happy? Yes, bad things do happen (hence the line "Shit happens") And it's normal to feel bad after them... The worse it is, the longer you have to feel bad. But to feel bad FOREVER is counterproductive. Like Maya Angelou says "If you don't like it, change it. If you can't change it, change you attitude." If there comes a point where you simply can't do anything anymore...you have to come to face with the facts, move on, and live your life, be happy. You gain nothing from sitting there being upset/depressed/angry.
I don't know, I know I'm sounding kind of harsh. He's going through a LOT, and I'm not saying he's going to recover anytime soon. But he was telling stuff like that to my brother, and I think spreading advice like "it's not good to always be happy" isn't the best advice out there. I myself, do agree there are times to be sad. And there's times you have to empathize with others and feel bad for them, and help them through what they're going through. But you can't let something like that permanently scar your happiness. Emotions are something that are conjured up in your head, sometimes they're not easy to change, but pessimistic thinking is really destructive to ones emotions.
ANYWAYS off that topic.
I really have no more topics to talk about at the moment.
Well real-quick, off the IM conversation I'm having right now. Please people, please, please, please. Don't put all of your happiness/faith into one single person. People change, and if something happens...you don't want to be left empty, or feeling like they're your only answer. I'm not saying don't love someone with all your heart...just...Make sure you have things balanced in your life between yourself, friends, loved ones...because anything can change at any moment.
Oh, and this week looks like it might be pretty good. I got my workout clothes packed, and my tripod's finally here...SOoooo, I can workout and take photos in Seattle this week -- GREAT!
Dad keeps going crazy over how good my photography is. I don't know, I think he's going a little over the top, since I'm his son or something. I like the shots I've taken so far, but they're not too incredibly spectacular. I think he has the bar too low. And he keeps saying I should do like modeling to earn money and stuff. Kinda awkward, I'm glad he thinks I'm a good-lookin guy, but modeling? really? I don't know. I feel like I can't even reel in any decent looking girls, haha but then again I'm shy as hell so who knows.
Random Fact of the Day: The Vancouver Island Marmot is a species of marmot that only lives on Vancouver Island. It's one of the most endangered mammals in the world (with 75 of them living as of 2001, 25 of which were the last in the wild).
No comments:
Post a Comment