Anyways, regarding that last post, I was just doing some self-reflection + thinking + stuff, and I've decided what direction I want to head towards.....
Annyhooww, took a little swim yesterday in Lake Washington (thanks brie'ana). Haha, our canoe flipped along with us inside of it. The experience of going from a dry stable seat, to slipping sideways, plunging into freezing water was QUITE exciting I have to say. It's a reminder that some of the best things in life, are the most simple, stuff you'd never think of off the top of your head. It reminded me of the winter before last, when me, chad, and cassandra stopped the car in the middle of driving, and dove headfirst into a giant pile of snow on the side of the road. Haha, to anyone looking at us, it would've looked retarded.. but it was so much fun!
For some reason, all of this made me want to go hiking again. I'm just really looking forward to that feeling of refreshing excitement I guess. Mountains have snow to slide down on, and jump in AND they have lakes which you can jump in. Plus some have waterfalls you can run underneath. Plus that amazing fresh-outdoorsy smell that you can't get anywhere else....
I'm pretty excited for summer, other than the always-present money problems that always occur with me being unable to get a summer job. So far, the plans are:
- POSSIBLE trip to Greece (dad's trying really hard to make this possible...it'd be for a month though...which is a long time...like more than a third of break...but...I guess it's a once in a lifetime experience, and I've been needing to spend more time with my dad anyways, so I guess it's worth it)
- Family reunion in Puerto Vallarta (which chad's going to this year!)
- Warped Tour
- Lots of hiking/camping
So far it's shaping up to be pretty exciting... I also want to make some trips out to Vancouver and maybe Oregon over the summer...and maybe, California? Heck, why not? Haha
Anyways, enough daydreaming about summer, right now I have school, and there's a lot of homework and readings I have to do tonight, soooo I'm gonna get to that (actually I'm going to get to a nap first).
No comments:
Post a Comment