Monday, April 19, 2010

'Nother Life Transition

I feel like throughout my life I've had a lot of large transitions at random stages...

For example, in 7th grade was when I first started thinking about empathy, and really honestly considering other people's feelings and considering what it'd be like to be in their shoes. This definitely lead me to a lot of my current beliefs, like that there's honestly no real "bad" people out there.

Another time was the end of my freshman year in high school/start of my sophomore year in high school. It was when I finally got my glasses off, and got a HUUGE boost in self-confidence. Also, this was the time the numa numa video spread throughout school, giving me some more popularity points. It marked the beginning of me slowly transitioning out of my 'nerd' stage. At that same time was when I also really started hanging out with chad/jeremy/charlie again also. We started hanging out everyday again, life began to get pretty awesome!

Anyhow, I think I'm entering another transition... And this one's reallly good. I'm beginning to let go of all those traits of myself that I really dislike. Since elementary school, I've had just some problems with being shy...and also talking to girls. I've definitely gotten a TON better in the past few years... But I feel like I'm really entering the stage where I'm starting to not care about that stuff anymore. I'm realizing how dumb I've been for acting the way that I have... Life is a wonderful thing, and it shouldn't be spent worrying about insignificant stuff.

I'm really looking forward to the future...both the hard times and the good. This week I'm overloaded with homework and midterms that I need to study for... But I'm not panicked at all... I actually feel really calm about it. I'll be spending a lot of this week holed up doing math problems, readings, and working... But I don't really mind... I'm glad I'm starting to understand math, and my other classes (particularly oceanography) are really interesting. What would I be doing if I wasn't studying/working? It'd probably be time spent on Facebook... I don't really have anything better to do with my time...well except maybe go outside or do some photography stuff, but I can do all that stuff on the weekend...

I had another long talk with my sister last night... We've actually been having a lot of good, meaningful, and almost-always-hilarious talks lately. It's funny all the stuff we can laugh at, being related to eachother and going through a lot of similar stuff... Anyhow...

I'm just really looking forward to the future... Me and Chad are trying to make vacation plans....we're thinking maybe go someplace tropical, come back for a week, go to puerto vallarta, come back for a week...go to warped tour... That's gonna be so much fun...spreading out all the vacation time...I'll always have something to look forward to. Plus other stuff like camping and floating the river, wooo! The weather's actually been really nice the past couple days... I mean it was 77F today...in April! The weather really boosts my mood... which is another reason I'm looking forward so much to summer!

Allright, well I have stuff to get back to, so... ADIOS!

No comments: