Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Haven't blogged in a while...

SOooooo... I haventh blogged in a whileth.

I've actually been feeling fantastic for the past week...I'm doing exactly what I set out to do, reconnecting with old friends, enjoying life...

Lets get some of the less-fun stuff out of the way first though....first off, is during the week I'm really struggling with math. I can never really go out and do much, because I always have math hanging over my head... And whenever I sit down and try to do it, I never get anywhere...I just get frustrated... The Math Study Center's a great place, but there's SO many people there asking for help, and once you finally get a TA helping you, half the time I'm still confused at the problem by the time they leave...or I'll need their help again with the next problem.... I don't know, Jip, my korean clustermate has been helping me a lot.. I'm really thankful that he's put in as much effort as he has. He's spent hours helping me...I need to take him to lunch or something soon to let him know how much I appreciate his help. Anyhow, at the end of the day I still end up confused....Maybe I should find someone in class to be a study partner? I don't know...

Anyways second of all, the only time I have to do anything now is on weekends. Basically Friday Night, Saturday, and Sunday afternoon... When you think about it, that's not a whole lot of time... Though I'm glad I've been spending more time with old friends, I feel bad because with only a limited amount of time on weekends, I feel like I've been pushing some people to the side at the same time. In particular, I feel really bad about not spending more time with my dad. I haven't gone and seen him for about a month now, which may not seem that long... But he's still having a really hard time struggling with the divorce, the loss of his house/kids/everything he's worked for in his life. I told him that I'd definitely see him last weekend at some point, and ended up not following through on that... However I plan on seeing him this thursday and probably sometime during the weekend also...

It's just tough I guess, trying to balance everything in your life...time and energy into school...friends...family...yourself...

Anyhow other than those things, life is going absolutely fantastic. Jeremy's coming back on Friday. Him, Andrea, and his sister just started driving this morning, apparently it's a 2-day drive. The weather's been both fantastic and craptastic at the same time, but overall it's been getting a lot warmer. I've been talking more to my clustermates lately, they all seem to be really chill, down-to-earth people. I've been practicing guitar more lately as well, I'm finally starting to build some calluses on my fingers. I'm wondering whether or not I should bring the guitar to school or not... On one hand I'd be able to practice more....But it's also a hassle, and I don't know how much time I'd actually spend doing it... Maybe I'll give it a shot one week.

What elseee.... Summer's coming up...exciting! Annnd my birthday too.. in 2 weeks actually.. whoa...that's coming up quick... I think I just want to do something small like go camping or have bbq or something. I just need to make sure I decide on something SOON and plan for it...otherwise it'll end up like last year where I ended up doing jack-squat.

Hmm I kind of feel like going to a party... Nothing huge or insane, but something with friends... Overall I'm glad I haven't really done too much partying this month though. I feel like a big pile of poo if I start partying too much. Actually what I REALLY feel like doing is... HIKING STILL! Haven't had a chance to do that yet. I also feel like going to a show...like a concert.... Hmm, I wonder if it'd be worth going to the 3OH3! Cobra show next month...MMMM yes, I think I want to do that. Hmm, I'll have to find someone to cover my shift that day....Actually I really really want to go to this show. I haven't seen Cobra for like a year, they put on an amazing live show...I still remember the first time I saw them, when the band was pretty much just starting out. It was the best night ever, the crowd was crazy, the energy was through the roof, everyone was there to just dance and go nuts...and that's exactly what we did. I've really been slacking on going to concerts lately, but I can't miss a chance to see Cobra haha. I'm already excited....they really do create an amazing atmosphere... I remember Gabe talking about how they just want to make people have 1 night where they can just forget all their worries, and dance.


Note to self: BUY EARPLUGS NAV, YOU'VE ALREADY GONE 80% DEAF FROM GOING TO TOO MANY SHOWS!

Anyways, I'm off.

No comments: