Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Note to self:

I need to stop going so photoshop-crazy on some of my pictures. I think I'm going a tiny bit overboard sometimes, so that they start looking a little too fake. Too much unsharpen filter...must stop this...

Gooshhh I keep looking at all these awesome lenses on Amazon. I really want to get a zoom lens, like a 300mm telephoto one, so I can zoom in super far and get cool wildlife shots..and some neat macro/depth of field shots too. Ughhh but they're so expensive. Like the cheapest one is around $500, and that's for an 'ok' one. The good ones are like $1,300-$6,000. But, nooooo thank you to that.

A wide-angle lens would be super nice too. Since I've been doing a lot of landscape shots, I always find myself trying to step back so I can get more in on the sides. Maaan....A decent one of these is also like $1000. Oh well...

At least I got a lens that can do most of the normal shots I want to do. Can't do a few specific things, but I won't complain. Gotta get used to what I got. Hmm, I should be doing a short photoshoot-type thing this weekend on a friend's car. Hoping that turns out okay. Haha I'd hate to go out and do a mini-photoshoot, and end up not having ANY good pictures. That'd suck. But I have a few neat ideas in mind. Maybe get in another car, and take some pictures of their car while it's moving...I think that'd be neat. And I think we could get some cool HDR shots in a parking lot with lots of lights or something. I don't know, we'll see how it goes. The one nice thing, is all the major car companies websites have a lot of cool photos to get ideas from....so research isn't too hard.

Anyways, I'm surprisingly don't have much homework tonight. I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do... I'd like to take some more photos of something, but the weather's less-than-perfect outside, and I don't know of any events going on nearby. Hmm...I could watch a movie or something perhaps. Well, I should actually get done with the homework I have before I start thinking about this stuff.

No comments: