I've decided another thing. The way we think, is all about connections. Like I was saying earlier, with the connections we have between words and concepts/ideas.
I was looking back at my notes, the 8 pgs I wrote for the 3 pages of readings I did on my 1st paper. And realized, the way I was so successful with that paper, was of all the connections I made. If you look at those notes, there's arrows going EVERYWHERE. If you think about it...everything's about connections..subconnections, large-scale connections, small-scale connections, connections of physical features, connections of philosophical ideas, connections of emotions to our lives, connections of us to reality....
Connections.
Even in a physical sense, I don't know much about biology of the human brain. But I know, in essence, it's the way the synapses (or whatever those little tree-root lookin things are) connect to each other. When we learn things, those synapses shift, and connect in different ways. If you think about it, it makes sense. If someone tries explaining a really abstract concept to you...you just sit there with a blank expression on your face...like "what?". But then sometimes you have an "a-ha"! moment where you RELATE [ie. connect] what they're saying, to an idea you already know, and what they're saying finally makes sense!
Ok, I just had to throw that out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment