Friday, April 20, 2012

Acting -- A metaphor?

Acting is a different style of learning. It's a style of learning that lives in the physical, instead of the conceptual.

Most of all it's a gateway. It reveals what you're comfortable with, what you're not comfortable with -- it reveals who you are as a person.

The obstacle in my way now is the ability to give up. To give up completely my beliefs, my habits, my mannerisms, the way I see the world. To freely allow myself to try on something entirely new...

It feels like an impossible battle. To grapple with my inner-self, to look into the inner-core of who I am, and to let it know "hey...maybe there's another way to live".

At the other side of this battle I see fear. Of the unknown,  of my emotions. Fear of being completely vulnerable and in the spotlight.

Maybe it doesn't have to be a battle, but a surrender. Perhaps fear can be replaced with wonder and discovery...

No comments: