Friday, November 4, 2011

Just watched "Life in a Day"

I just watched Life in a Day.

I've been looking forward to watching this for a few months ago.

And all I can say is wow.

I didn't get at all what I expected....I'm not even quite sure what I expected.

The thing I got was...

We spend our whole lives... wanting to get somewhere in life. Wanting something we don't have. Wanting to live a different way, wanting a certain job, wanting a certain lifestyle....We're never satisfied with now. With how things are now.

But through all the footage, after seeing all different types of people, across all types of cultures....I realized how much we're all the same.

And that place we want to get to....is here.

I was re-reminded that the future and the past are seriously figments of our imagination. They're ideas that societies have come up with to understand things...

...But life...living... is only happening now. RIGHT now.

We rarely slow down to absorb the fact that our life right now is amazing. That the simple act of being alive is beautiful.

I also learned that we all have the same fears...we all experience love. No matter if you're living in North America....China....or Africa. We're all the same.

I think I also got out of that film....of how the things we do...how they make a difference. The 7 billion people on Earth are just a bunch of single individuals...a bunch of us, not a faceless crowd. They're your friend.....your mother...your father... And the choices we make, have an impact.

That all the bad in the world only stems from individual people's emotions... That things could be fixed, if all of us only paid attention to the ones close to us. Loved the ones close to us... Took a stand for the ones close to us.

We're not alone..We share the same emotions...The barriers we put up to the ones around us really aren't necessary. That if we could take a moment to get to know one another, we'd really be surprised....amazed.


Anyways, I just thought I'd share that. I now have a new understanding of living for today. and more specifically, living for the now.

If you'd like to see the film, check it out below:




No comments: