Okay, first off I'd just like to say I'm in an extremely uncreative mood at the current moment and I'd love to post a long thoughtful post....but
That's just not how I'm feeling right now.
BUT, I was just thinking about 27 seconds ago...
...It's funny how many decisions in life can be related to cliff jumping into a pool of water. I'm thinking specifically of Whistle lake, but the location doesn't matter. It's that feeling. It's the feeling you have at the top...before you jump. Even though you know it'll be fine once you jump, there's so many "what ifs" scenarios that are shooting through your mind. Then at one point you realize... Whether you jump or not relies on action...not thinking. Thinking about it only makes it worse, if anything it'll keep you from moving forward...from jumping. You just have to shut your mind off, and do it.
Just a note, I'm not saying "not thinking" is good in all situations, it's definitely required in some... But when thinking is only holding you back (which I find it does in a LOT of situations) you have to learn to flip the thinking switch off, and just take action.
Anyways, I just felt like I had to get that written down physically somewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment