It was pretty powerful... It's crazy to think about how much people can truly relate with each-other...how much we have in common...and the crazy stories that people have.
I took away a lot of lessons...the area which I need to work the most on is action.
The guy there said that a lot of people from Seattle are thinkers...we're smart, we think about things, but he made us realize that....the only thing thinking produces...is more thinking, thinking doesn't get stuff done. DOING stuff gets stuff done. It can be as simple as writing something down, or saying something aloud to yourself (something I've mentioned on here before).
I also wanted to note some things about self expression that they said. I realize that I alway try to be polite/nice when I talk, so I'll automatically sometimes say things that I don't fully agree with, to conform with the person I'm talking to. He said though that we should stick to our beliefs, and let our opinions be heard. That we often need to talk straight to people... And by sticking to our own identity, we can be confident in ourselves..and people who will like us, will be our friend...and people who don't..will pass on through. But there's no need to go changing ourselves to please everyone.
IN OTHER NEWWSS
Things are just going amazing with this new girl...I could have never imagined a month ago that things would be the way they are now. But things are going fantastic, she's super amazing, and we're really similiar in a bunch of ways down to our hand-freckles, and aaah...it's just really exciting! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment