(off-topic, but I DID work out today)
Anyways, I learned how to do HDR shots, how awesome night-shots can be, and how you can do some crazy stuff with a slow shutter speed + moving a light around. Also learned about more cool equipment/accessories...unfortunately I don't have an extra $1000 to blow on a telephoto lens. But there was a pretty convenient-sized external flash that could be useful, which was around $100.... Also the program I using earlier tonight for making HDR pictures is also around $100 (I was using the trial version). Both of these aren't too expensive, and could be pretty useful. I don't know, depending on how serious I get about photography... I may purchase these. Anyways, I want to show you guys some of what I was messing around with earlier tonight.
Okay, so HDR stands for High Dynamic Range lighting, I think. Maybe not. Who cares.
But, you typically take a shot at three different exposures (-2, 0, +2) and then combine them all together to get the best parts from each shot. I've been using the program Photomatix all night, which is pretty nice. Once they're all combined it gives you a bunch of other tweaks/options to make the photo better. Me and my dad just went outside at around midnight in the parking lot (in lake stevens) and tried this out. Anyways, here's an example of what we got:

+

+

=

No comments:
Post a Comment