Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Future



Dad's Apt. - Tuesday, November 26th 2013


Here we are.


I've now graduated college, and have begun my journey.
I have to say, I couldn't be more happy with how things are going. I feared that I would have trouble making money and that it'd be tough to break into the film industry. I thought I would be in a low paying part time job, struggling to find film gig. However, that's not the case (I'm happy to report).

Starbucks in Smokey Pt. - Nov. 24th, 2013 (1:49pm)

Contin'd: Anyways, for the past few months I've been working as a PA (Production Assistant) for various productions. It's been an excellent experience, I'm quickly learning how productions work -- who does what, the procedures, hours, etc. It's been a lot of fun! I'm also making decent money for a starting position. For the first time in...Pretty much ever, I actually have some spending money. I used some of it to buy an iPad, and the experience of owning one has been amazing. Everything's so convenient, that I probably won't be using my computer much anymore (besides video/photo editing). ANYWAYS! I'm in a career I love, I'm progressing towards my goals, I have money to spend on myself, I'm spending more time with family -- I'm living pretty well :).
Me, at Starbucks, right now, excited.

Anyways, one thing I'm excited about is using the iPad as a tool for preproduction. A way I can jot down ideas, brainstorm, make sketches, location scout, write scripts, and keep all the information organized and in one location. Now I have the power in my hands!! Haha. Anyways, till next time.

-Nav

No comments: