One line that stuck in my head was:
"What happens when you try to fix an illusion?"
"What happens when you try to fix an illusion?"
In order to understand the quote you'd need a ton of context, but I'll talk a bit about it...
There's stories we tell ourselves "I'm not good enough" or "I'm super busy"
We come up with these stories during certain moments in our lives.
Something happens, then we come up with an interpretation.
For me, I think it began when I took on an additional 4 hours of volunteering a week. In that moment, I came up with the interpretation "I'm super busy".
From then on, every time a new commitment popped up or I had to schedule something, I put it through the story of "I'm super busy". And before long, I got so sucked into the story, that for me, it was literally my reality.
And it was stressful.
But the story "I'm super busy" isn't true....it's not false either. It's not something I'm going to try and fix. Because it's something my imagination made up. It doesn't exist in reality. It's an illusion, and if I try to "fix" the illusion, I'm only making it real for myself.
SO. I'm taking this moment to declare that story done with.
In this moment, I'm taking on that I actually have free time :). That I can do the things I want!
No comments:
Post a Comment