So it comes to these last two weeks.... the last week of classes, and finals week.
This would consist of studying...a shitload... every night... but not only putting in time... but putting in effort...trying to understand it... Basically I think it comes down to being able to do the problems on my own. I always do the readings and stuff, but when it comes to the problems, I'm always confused as batshit, and I don't think I've ever been comfortable with solving the problems (I'm talking specifically about Physics here).
ANDDD, in another note, I very much enjoy typing on my laptop outside on the balcony. I actually get to see rainier, while I'm on my laptop. How cool is that!? (yes I'm a nerd - deal with it)
In the back of my head, I'd really like to keep the same pace I've been going so far this quarter...
...But I know that's not gonna cut it this time. It hasn't been cutting it. The moment I saw the grade I got on my 2nd physics midterm, I realized...
...this 1 week, could pretty much make or break my career/future/whatever!
My grades...are basically shit.... because of my exam grades.
The only thing that's going to save me are finals... In my head I keep thinking...it's already over...I've failed...I'm screwed.... But I need to remind myself... Finals can save me...
But ONLY if I put in the effort.
This would consist of studying...a shitload... every night... but not only putting in time... but putting in effort...trying to understand it... Basically I think it comes down to being able to do the problems on my own. I always do the readings and stuff, but when it comes to the problems, I'm always confused as batshit, and I don't think I've ever been comfortable with solving the problems (I'm talking specifically about Physics here).
Anyways, I'm going to try and meet with some of my professors, to see if they can help me with studying the technique of learning physics. Because as I've learned this quarter, studying physics is way different than studying math, or any other subject. So yes.... I"ll do that.
ANYHOW, in other news....
I'm photographing a wedding tomorrow. I'm hoping it goes good! I'm a little worried about the lighting in the room where the wedding's taking place. I'm hoping my flash + diffuser (+ MAYBE reflector) can save me.... if not, maybe some crazy high ISO speeds.... We'll see which looks best tomorrow... Hopefully they turn out good :)!
ANNDDD, I'm really pumped for going to capture photographs of the wintery mountains. I want to get some cool landscape/snow shots in the Cascades. I went out last friday with my mom and got all the gear I need (a warm down jacket, snow pants, and winter hiking boots). The problem now is I need to find a place to shoot... I was thinking Mt. Rainier, but after doing some research, it seems like a lot of areas on Mt. Rainier are closed...there's a LOT of snow up there, and you technically need a permit if you're going to take photos off the trail. Plus it's really far. I'm thinking maybe I'll save Mt. Rainier for the summer, and find another spot for winter shots. Maybe somewhere on Mt. Loop Highway, or up near Highway 2. I heard there's a lot of road closures in these areas too though, so I"ll have to be careful when selecting a spot...
I'm really looking for someplace high where I can get a neat background of the view below... However, I know that comes at the cost of climbing up a LOT of snow, and snow covers hiking trails... So, I'm a bit wary of that. Maybe I should just get some shots from lower down..... Plus there's the scary fact that... If I get a sunrise shot in the mountains, I'm going to need to book my ass down the mountain before it gets dark... (Or if I'm taking a sunrise, I have to book my ass up the mountain IN the dark...in the snow...). I think these tasks are harder to do than I think.... But in the back of my mind I'm trying to think...the pictures will be worth it. Anyhow, I'm gonna have to think/prepare for this more.... As long as I get out to a couple places this winter break and get some cool shots. I'll be happy. If I go nowhere, I'll be sad.
Haha, anyhow, that's it for now, I have to go pee.
ANDDD, in another note, I very much enjoy typing on my laptop outside on the balcony. I actually get to see rainier, while I'm on my laptop. How cool is that!? (yes I'm a nerd - deal with it)
No comments:
Post a Comment