Monday, October 17, 2011

Beyond Words

Life is a voyage of discovery.

Although I travel to and from the same places during my daily routine, the experience of walking back and forth is entirely new every day.

I notice that my version of reality is literally different.

And not only from day to day, but from moment to moment.

I notice how I'm thinking about different things...fascinated...excited about them... and what I pay attention to walking around, is always consistent or connected with my thoughts.

It's something I can't fully encapsulate with written words.

I got the chance to attend my first workday at my Self Expression and Leadership program this last Saturday. The experience was -again- beyond words.

Everyone invented a new possibility that they themselves were going to be.

Mine was

"From nothing, I am the possibility of -even in breakdowns- continually generating and transforming life from a realm of excitement, passion, and enrollment"

There are words in that statement (and in this post) that won't make 100% sense to anyone who's not a Landmark graduate. I'll try to distinguish what I'm saying below:

"from nothing" - referencing that the world doesn't have any inherent meaning.

"i am the possibility of" - this statement is an act of declaration. That as an individual, I can create who I want to be

"breakdowns" - a breakdown being a point in life where you feel powerless or "stuck" which can be something like a small conflict, or it can be that point in life which you've felt the most horrible you've ever felt.

"continually" - that this isn't a one-time thing, that this will be something that's done from moment-to-moment.

"generating and transforming" - creating something new that's never been in existence beforehand.

"enrollment" - the phenomenon of being extremely inspired/touched/excited by something, to such a degree that it inspires/touches/excites other people as well.

Anyways, by declaring and sharing that. I'm actually seeing how it's transforming my experience of life. I was so inspired/excited that I felt compelled document the experience down somewhere. So that place is here, my blog!

No comments: