To someplace I've never been.
Things have been so fast-paced lately, I really feel like I need to disappear for a day, and explore some new place.
I haven't done it in a while.... I kinda did a week ago actually (though very short), and it was extremely peaceful and relaxing.
I don't know what it is, but the feeling of simply wandering in a random direction, not knowing what's around the next corner, not worrying about being anywhere or doing anything. There's something comforting about the unknown, where the only thing that exists are your thoughts, and your feet on the ground.
Walking at your own pace, in a world where no one recognizes you.
It's not that I dislike people, in fact it's quite the opposite. But I feel like sometimes I get caught up in busy schedules, constantly making plans, and having to be certain places at certain times.
I guess there's just a point where life begins to feel claustrophobic (especially living on a college campus) and it feels like I can't hear myself think.
I always find these walks are the best way to collect my thoughts.
I'll never forget, the plane trip I took alone to Sacramento, California. walking through the city of Sacramento, through the parks, taking a train ride to Davis... Taking a nap on a bench, near UC Davis.... The 2 hours of walking before I could find a motel to stay in.
Or when I drove to a lake near my home in Arlington, a lake I'd never been to, even though it had been 20 minutes away from my house all the years I'd lived there... Sitting on the dock on the water, nothing but natures beauty and my thoughts.
It's been too long since I've gone on one of these expeditions... It's time to take another one.
I hope I can find time to do it, perhaps tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment